2020 Student Chapter Advisor Impact Award
Nominating an Advisor
Nominations for the award will be accepted from any student chapter officers, members, former members, other faculty or SHRM professional members. Self-nominations will also be accepted. The application deadline is April 30, 2020.
Recognizing that SHRM student chapter advisors are uniquely positioned to inspire, shape and guide the next generation, the SHRM Foundation Student Chapter Advisor Impact Award will honor a deserving SHRM student chapter advisor who has made a positive impact in the life of one or more student members. Examples include:
- Introducing the student to the field of HR and inspiring her/him to pursue it.
- Developing student leaders who go on to hold other leadership roles.
- Connecting the student to HR professionals in the community and assisting with internship and/or job opportunities.
- Involving students in service projects that make a difference in the local community.
- Leading and facilitating efforts to collaborate with another campus, business or community organizations on service, business or educational projects.
The winning advisor will receive:
- A commemorative plaque
- $1,000 cash award
- Complimentary registration to the SHRM2020 Annual Conference & Exposition
- Travel funding up to $1,000 to attend the SHRM2020
The award will be presented during the Society's Annual Conference, June 28 - July 1 in San Diego, CA.
Nominations must be made online.
**Winners of the Advisor Impact Award are ineligible to win the award again for five years.
The SHRM Foundation does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, national origin or citizenship in the administration of its grant and scholarship programs.
Employees, members of SHRM volunteer panels, national board members of SHRM, HR Institute or the SHRM Foundation and members of their immediate family are not eligible to apply for SHRM Foundation grants, awards or scholarships.
Learn more here.