2021 HR Exploration Award
HR Exploration Award - Undergraduate
- Intended for non-SHRM members
- Enrolled in equivalent of at least six (6) credit hours per term (or 15-week equivalency) in a degree-seeking undergraduate program at a regionally accredited institution of higher learning
- At least two full semesters remaining before graduation
- Degree program is HR-related (e.g. business, communications, psychology, sociology, HR, org development, etc.)
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
How to Apply
Online application including:
- Contact information
- Short answer questions about academic, volunteer, and work experience and career aspirations
- Current Resume
- Transcripts from an accredited institution.*
- Universities within the United States must be regionally accredited
- Universities outside of the United States must be accredited by a widely recognized accrediting body within the country or by the agency or ministry that oversees higher education within the country
*Transcripts must be in English. The SHRM Foundation may request an applicant with an international transcript to provide a transcript evaluation (at the applicant’s expense), from World Education Services or another reputable service, prior to reviewing an application.
Please print your application for your records before you submit it. Once you submit your application, the SHRM Foundation will not be able to return it to you, in whole or in part, for any reason.
Applications are evaluated and scored by groups of SHRM volunteers and are reviewed by staff. All decisions are final. If selected to receive an HR Exploration award, recipients will be required to provide proof of enrollment and college/university payment instructions.
- The SHRM Foundation will issue a check not to exceed $1,200 directly to the institution for payment of tuition and fees required for enrollment or attendance at the educational institution. Fees for books, supplies, room/board and equipment are not covered by this award.
- You will also receive a complimentary SHRM Student Membership to further learn and explore the field of human resources. Membership will begin September 1st of the award year.
Each award is a one-time award; previous HR Exploration recipients are NOT eligible to re-apply. However, past recipients are eligible to apply to for Undergraduate Scholarships or Graduate Scholarships if meeting minimum eligibility requirements. Full-time, part-time, online and distance learning programs are acceptable. HR Exploration awards are for college-degree programs only and may not be used to attend professional development seminars. SHRM Foundation scholarships cannot be used retroactively.
Please note, the SHRM Foundation does not reimburse for any fees or any associated expenses incurred prior to award. SHRM/SHRM Foundation employees or board members and the immediate family are not eligible to apply for SHRM Foundation Scholarships, Grants, or Awards.