2021 Mission Implementation Award
2021 SHRM Foundation Mission Implementation Award
The SHRM Foundation is focusing on creating a more inclusive and equitable environment by empowering HR emerging leaders to make decisions that promote equality in the workplace.
- To be eligible for an award, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have a SHRM membership through July 15 of the year the award is accepted
- Employed full or part-time
- Programming or Initiative must have been implemented within the past 24 months from application deadline.
- Able to attend the annual conference in its entirety
How to Apply
Complete online application including:
- Contact & demographic information
- Your Resume
- Short answer questions about your program or initiative, including project goals, successful milestones, and how your efforts helped others.
- Proof of Initiative*
* Proof of Initiative includes a compiled packet of information that displays or describes the programming that took place. Examples of proof might include flyers, web post, testimonials, or pictures from the event.
Applications are reviewed and scored by groups of SHRM volunteers and are reviewed by staff. The review committee will select an application that:
- Describes and verifies successful implementation of programming or initiatives that align with one of the three SHRM Foundation priorities.
- Has an impact on the larger community (i.e., employees, company, neighborhood/city, chapter, etc.).
- Demonstrates commitment and passion for the HR profession.
- Effectively utilizes tools and resources to execute the program/initiative.
All decisions are final.
If selected to receive the SHRM Foundation Mission Implementation Award, a member of the SHRM Foundation team will work with the recipient on annual conference registration and hotel booking. The recipient is responsible for scheduling travel plans and submitting all itemized travel related invoices/receipts not to exceed $500.00 (i.e., flight, meals, gas, tolls, taxi/uber, etc.). SHRM Foundation staff will also collect appropriate information to award a $2,000 payment to recipient (note: recipient is responsible for all associated taxes related to award).
- Due to Covid-19 / Global Health Crisis, SHRM Foundation reserves the right to adjust the award package as needed. This may include shifting from in-person to virtual, changing travel stipends, or canceling the award as a whole.
Previous Mission Implementation Award recipients are NOT eligible to re-apply for a minimum of five years.
Please note, the SHRM Foundation does not reimburse for any fees or expenses incurred by applicants prior to being awarded the professional development grant. SHRM/SHRM Foundation employees or board members and the immediate family are not eligible to apply for SHRM Foundation Scholarships, Grants, or Awards.