2021 SHRM Greater Phoenix Academic Scholarship
SHRMGP Academic Scholarship - Undergraduate
- Current SHRM member (professional or student)
- Current SHRM of Greater Phoenix Member (SHRMGP)
- Enrolled in a degree-seeking undergraduate program with at least two full semesters remaining before graduation (see additional clarification below), OR accepted and ready to begin your studies within six months*
- University is a regionally accredited institution of higher learning
- Degree program is HR-related (e.g. business, psychology, HR, org development, etc.)
- Minimum Grade Point Average
- Undergraduate - Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale; OR if you have not completed High School
- High School - Cumulative GPA of at least 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
* If you have already begun your last year of undergraduate studies or you will complete your studies by December 31, 2021, you are not eligible for this award and may not apply for a scholarship to cover past expenses.
How to Apply
Online application including:
- Contact information
- Short answer questions about academic, volunteer, and work experience and career aspirations
- Current Resume
- Transcripts from an accredited institution.*
- Universities within the United States must be regionally accredited
- Universities outside of the United States must be accredited by a widely recognized accrediting body within the country or by the agency or ministry that oversees higher education within the country
- One Letter of Reference**
*Transcripts must be in English. The SHRM Foundation may request an applicant with an international transcript to provide a transcript evaluation (at the applicant’s expense), from World Education Services or another reputable service, prior to reviewing an application.
**Applicants must request all recommendation letters through our application system. Letters may be written by work or volunteer colleagues, coaches, professors, etc. but should not come directly from the applicant or applicant's family members. We encourage applicants to request recommendation letters early in the application process. Please know, your application is not complete until your letter of recommendation is submitted and you select "submit."
Please print your application for your records before you submit it. Once you submit your application, the SHRM Foundation will not be able to return it to you, in whole or in part, for any reason.
Named Grants to be Awarded
This academic scholarship is sponsored by SHRM of Greater Phoenix.
Applications are evaluated and scored by groups of SHRM volunteers and are reviewed by staff. All decisions are final. If selected to receive the SHRMGP Undergraduate Scholarship, recipients will be required to provide proof of enrollment and college/university payment instructions. The SHRM Foundation will issue a check not to exceed $5,000 directly to the institution for payment of tuition and fees required for enrollment or attendance at the educational institution, or for fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for courses at the educational institution.
Each scholarship is a one-time award; however, previous applicants and past scholarship recipients are eligible to re-apply.
- Full-time, part-time, online, and distance learning programs are acceptable.
- Scholarships are for college-degree programs only and may not be used to attend professional development seminars.
- Recipients should intend on submitting proof of enrollment no later than August 25, 2021 for the institutions to receive timely payment.
Please note, the SHRM Foundation does not reimburse for any fees or any associated expenses incurred prior to award. SHRM/SHRM Foundation employees or board members and the immediate family are not eligible to apply for SHRM Foundation Scholarships, Grants, or Awards.