2021 Student Chapter Advisor Impact Award
Student Chapter Advisor Impact Award
Recognizing that SHRM student chapter advisors are uniquely positioned to inspire, shape and guide the next generation, the SHRM Foundation Student Chapter Advisor Impact Award will honor a deserving SHRM student chapter advisor who has made a positive impact in the life of one or more student members. Examples include:
- Introducing the student to the field of HR and inspiring her/him to pursue it.
- Developing student leaders who go on to hold other leadership roles.
- Connecting the student to HR professionals in the community and assisting with internship and/or job opportunities.
- Involving students in service projects that make a difference in the local community.
- Leading and facilitating efforts to collaborate with another campus, business or community organizations on service, business or educational projects.
- Nominations for the award will be accepted from any student chapter officers, members, former members, other faculty or SHRM professional members. Self-nominations will also be accepted.
How to Apply
Online application including:
- Contact information for both nominator and nominee (Chapter Advisor)
- Short answer questions about Advisor's impact and support of students and others
Please print your application for your records before you submit it. Once you submit your application, the SHRM Foundation will not be able to return it to you, in whole or in part, for any reason.
The winning advisor will receive:
- A commemorative plaque
- $1,000 cash/check award
- Complimentary full annual conference registration*
- Up to four-night hotel stay**
- $500 travel stipend***
*Pre-conference sessions, seminars and guest registration not included.
**Housing will be provided at a hotel of SHRM’s choice.
*** SHRM Foundation will reimburse recipients for all travel related expenses up to $500 following submission of itemized receipts
If the nominee is selected to receive the Student Chapter Advisor Impact Award, a member of the SHRM Foundation team will work with them on annual conference registrations and hotel bookings. SHRM Foundation will communicate with nominees directly, but they are responsible for scheduling travel plans and submitting all itemized travel related invoices/receipts not to exceed $500.00 (i.e., flight, meals, gas, tolls, taxi/uber, etc.).
Previous Student Chapter Advisors Impact Award recipients are NOT eligible to re-apply for a minimum of five years.
- Due to Covid-19 / Global Health Crisis, SHRM Foundation reserves the right to adjust the award package as needed. This may include shifting from in-person to virtual, changing travel stipends, or canceling the award as a whole.
Please note, the SHRM Foundation does not reimburse for any fees or any associated expenses incurred prior to award. SHRM/SHRM Foundation employees or board members and the immediate family are not eligible to apply for SHRM Foundation Scholarships, Grants, or Awards.