2022 Student Membership Award
Student Membership Award
SHRM is the world’s largest professional society dedicated to serving human resources professionals at all levels and functions. Winners of this award will gain access to a global network of HR professionals from a variety of industries.
To be eligible for an award, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Open to SHRM members and Non-SHRM Members.
- Enrolled in a degree-seeking undergraduate program OR graduate program from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Degree program must be in HR-related field (e.g. business, communications, psychology, sociology, HR, org development, etc.).
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale for undergraduate or 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for graduate students.
How to Apply
Complete online application including:
- Contact & demographic information.
- One essay questions about your career and learning objectives.
- Your academic transcript.
Please print/download your application for your records before you submit it. Once you submit your application, the SHRM Foundation will not be able to return it to you, in whole or in part, for any reason.
Applications are reviewed and scored by groups of SHRM volunteers and are reviewed by staff. The review committee will select individuals whom they believe are most likely to leverage this learning opportunity. They will seek candidates who are eager to learn and plan to apply the skills and knowledge gained to benefit their careers, their organizations and their communities. All decisions are final.
If selected to receive the Student Membership Award, the annual membership fee will be paid by the SHRM Foundation. One-year SHRM Membership will (begin at the expiration of your current membership OR Sept. 1 of the awarding year).
Please note, the SHRM Foundation does not reimburse for any fees or expenses incurred by applicants prior to being awarded. SHRM/SHRM Foundation employees or board members and the immediate family are not eligible to apply for SHRM Foundation Scholarships, Grants, or Awards.