2023 Annual Conference and Exposition Grant
Annual Conference Grants
Conference attendance allows people to meet one another, as well as learn and discuss issues and ideas relevant to their work. As such, members are encouraged to apply for SHRM Annual Conference & Expo grants.
- Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the SHRM Foundation reserves the right to adjust the award package as needed. This may include shifting from an in-person to a virtual registration, changing travel stipends or canceling the award as a whole.
- To be eligible for an award, applicants must be ONE of the following:
- Employed (full or part-time)
- Unemployed and Full-Time Student
- To be eligible for an award, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have a SHRM membership through June 30 of the year the award is accepted
- Not receive any organizational support or reimbursement to attend the conference
- Not be registered for the conference
- Not have received a SHRM Annual Conference & Expo award in the past five years
How to Apply
Complete online application including:
- Contact & demographic information
- Three short essay questions about your career and learning objectives
- Your resume
- A statement of support from your supervisor, professor, or colleague*
*This statement may be completed by a colleague, current or former supervisor, professor, volunteer colleague or other professional contacts. Statements from family members will not be accepted. Please upload a statement as part of the online application.Please print/download your application for your records before you submit it. Once you submit your application, the SHRM Foundation will not be able to return it to you, in whole or in part, for any reason.
Applications are reviewed and scored by groups of SHRM volunteers and are reviewed by staff. The review committee will select individuals whom they believe are most likely to leverage this learning opportunity. They will seek candidates who are eager to learn and plan to apply the skills and knowledge gained to benefit their careers, their organizations, and their communities. HR professionals who are new to the field are encouraged to apply. All decisions are final.
If selected to receive a SHRM Foundation Annual Conference and Expo grant, a member of the SHRM Foundation team will work with the recipients on Annual Conference registration and hotel bookings. Recipients are responsible for scheduling travel plans and submitting all itemized travel-related invoices/receipts not to exceed $750. (i.e., flight, meals, gas, tolls, taxi/Uber, etc.).
Please note, the SHRM Foundation does not reimburse for any fees or expenses incurred by applicants prior to being awarded the professional development grant. SHRM/SHRM Foundation employees or board members and the immediate family are not eligible to apply for SHRM Foundation Scholarships, Grants, or Awards.