2023 Employment Law Event
Employment Law Conference Event Grants
Conference attendance allows people to meet one another, as well as learn and discuss issues and ideas relevant to their work. SHRM student members and are encouraged to apply for a Employment Law Conference Event grant.
- Due to Covid-19 / Global Health Crisis, The SHRM Foundation reserves the right to adjust the award package as needed, including offering a virtual experience or canceling the award as a whole.
- Current SHRM student member
- Enrolled in a degree-seeking undergraduate program or master's/doctoral program and not graduating before May of the conference year. n
- University is a regionally accredited institution of higher learning
- Degree program is HR-related (e.g. business, psychology, HR, org development, etc.)
- Minimum Grade Point Average
- Undergraduate - Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Graduate - Cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale, or if not yet enrolled, an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
How to Apply
Complete online application including:
- Contact & demographic information
- Short essay questions about your career and learning objectives
- Your academic transcript (Unofficial is accepted)
Please print/download your application for your records before you submit it. Once you submit your application, the SHRM Foundation will not be able to return it to you, in whole or in part, for any reason.
Applications are reviewed and scored by groups of SHRM volunteers and are reviewed by staff. The review committee will select individuals whom they believe are most likely to leverage this learning opportunity. They will seek candidates who are eager to learn and plan to apply the skills and knowledge gained to benefit their careers, their organizations, and their communities. All decisions are final.
If selected to receive a Conference grant, a member of the SHRM Foundation team will work with the recipient(s) on conference registration and other related details.
Please note, the SHRM Foundation does not reimburse for any fees or expenses incurred by applicants prior to being awarded the professional development grant.