SHRM Cares Certification Professional Grant
The SHRM Foundation offers professional grants to SHRM members who are in First Responder Services or Essential Businesses during the Covid-19 Pandemic seeking their SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification. This grant awards one SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification exam as well as several learning components.
- Current SHRM member in First Responder Services and Essential Businesses (Professional or student membership must be active when applying and throughout the year in which you receive the award)
- Meet eligibility requirements for SHRM Certification
- You must test within 12 months after the award notification date (Exam transfer policy also applies to grant winner regardless of the registered exam window)
- Is not receiving any organizational support or reimbursement for SHRM certification exam and preparation fees
How to Apply
Complete online application including:
- Contact information
- Short answer questions about training, volunteer and career experience and your need for the grant
- Current resume (or academic transcript if applicable)
- One letter of reference (letter may be addressed to the ‘SHRM Foundation Grant Review Committee’ and should provide insight into your character, academic or career and volunteer accomplishments, work ethic, and values.May be written by work or volunteer colleague, professor, coach, etc., but should not come from a family member*)
*Applicants must request all letters of reference through our application system. SHRM Foundation cannot accept letters of reference directly from applicants. We encourage applicants to request letters of reference early in the application process.
Please print and save your application for your records before you submit it. Once you submit your application, SHRM Foundation will not be able to return it to you, in whole or in part, for any reason.
Please contact us at SHRMScholarships@shrm.org if you have additional questions.
Named Scholarships to be Awarded
Several of our scholarships are made possible through the generous support of the following organizations and individuals. You do not need to apply for a specific, named scholarship - the SHRM Foundation will determine if your application qualifies for any of these awards:
- NYC SHRM Cares Certification Professional Development Grant
Certification Professional Grant Distribution
If you are selected to receive a SHRM Cares Certification Professional Development Grant you will receive:
- One Certification Exam (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP for which you are eligible)
- A complimentary e-book, Ace Your SHRM certification Exam, a study guide to help applicants prepare for the SHRM certification exam.
- Complimentary professional development activities, including the Mental Health program brought to you by SHRM
- Complimentary access to up to 3 archived webcasts on Talent Acquisition and Retention
All to be claimed 12 months from the date they are issued. Please note, the SHRM Foundation cannot reimburse certification exam fees.
By accepting a SHRM Cares Certification Professional Development Grant, you are consenting to allow the SHRM Foundation (and the grant's sponsor, if any) to use without limitation, and in any media, your name, city, state, photos, and captions (if uploaded), and verbiage for marketing and promotional purposes.
The SHRM Foundation does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, national origin or citizenship in the administration of its scholarship programs.